The OnyX Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Screw's Workouts/Routines

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Screw's Workouts/Routines - Page 2 Empty Re: Screw's Workouts/Routines

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:54 am

I'm still higher than you, and I train under screw, so GOML.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:11 am

Screwbacca wrote:
DeterminedKnight wrote:
JettsonBE wrote:its like, i eat and eat and eat, and i lose weight? what's wrong with me oh mighty gym teacher
Same here, almost 6 foot and only 145 pounds Crying or Very sad

I'm not a nutritionist and everyone has different metabolisms. I eat about 120 grams of protein daily. In order to build mass you'll need to take in .8 grams per pound you weigh daily. Investing in whey protein is highly recommended, otherwise you'll probably not ever get pass 50 grams a day. Muscle takes time to grow. Smartly timing your meals and workouts will greatly affect how much you gain/lose. Oh, and drinking milk is a good choice to also get more protein in. I drink 3 glasses a day, lol.

In case you're wondering. I'm 5'11 and weigh 155, but I'm not trying to gain mass. Mass building exercises greatly revolve around power exercise routines and technical moves. I work solely on being fit/strong. My weight doesn't concern me.

Remember: Strength comes first THEN mass. Don't be discouraged if your physique isn't drastically changing, just keep working at it!
Could you tell me from what website you order your protein, because i don't wanna end up eating chinese cat meat flour
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

https://www.youtube.com/user/FierceKnight0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 am

I don't have a website I order from. I'll drink any standard whey protein. The 2 I drink the most are Myoplex (I buy it pre-made) and Muscletech whey protein (powder form). I always mix it with milk too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am

so protein you don't mean protein in food but some white shit you drink? lool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 pm

rasomaso wrote:so protein you don't mean protein in food but some white shit you drink? lool

Whey protein isn't necessarily white shit. It's like drinking a milkshake. You should still get protein from lean meats such as turkey, chicken, fish. Red meats have creatine in it, especially beef. Eat those things you'll be all set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:02 pm

JettsonBE wrote:its like, i eat and eat and eat, and i lose weight? what's wrong with me oh mighty gym teacher

You are not eating enough or you are not eating foods rich with protein

As screw said, you need at least .8 protein/lb, I just round it off to 1 to 1

You must be consistent, what I recommend is:

Weigh yourself at the start of the week/month
Get a journal and write everything down that you eat
Be consistent, if you have to bring the food with you, then do it
If you are not consistent then you will never know whether you are eating enough to gain or not
In my experience, you will need at least 3K cal/per day to gain weight(increasing it as you start to gain weight since you are going to always need more and more), and based on your body weight and height , i think you need around 2400 to maintain it
Consistency and determination will yield results
Also you dont need WHEY PROTEIN SHAKES to gain weight
Look Up GOMAD DIET - 1 GALLON OF MILK A DAY = Around 2400 Cal / DAY!

I can tell you right now, you will see good results from it and most likely gain weight that you are missing because you are most likely underweight at the moment.

But After that you should be able to consistently put on 2 - 3 pounds per month for the first year, and it will slowly decrease in time frame of 4 years. Overall if you are consistent you are looking at increase of at least 30- 40 pounds of lean muscle in 4 years.

Supplements I use and recommend 

Glutamine
A-Z Vitamins , usually going to be something like sports vitamins
Omega-3 Fish Oils

Take it twice a day

As for the workout 

I used to do split routines, 1 muscle group a day blah blah blah. Tbh its a waste of time in my opinion.

What i do is nothing but compound exercise, i dont curl, i dont waste my time with trying to get that pump and waste my time with going for a failure. I am never sore, and I've become much stronger since I stopped doing split routines. Biggest secret: SQUATS x3/Week

If you want to be serious about it, here it is: Check out http://s3.stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-report.pdf

This is not a joke and I vouch for it, I assure you will see results and you will fall in love with LIFTING!
Have Fun and Dont give two fucks about what other say, makes sure you read the entire thing and give first 12 weeks at try. You will be amazed.

Happy Lifting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, power exercise routines with olympic style lifts are great. It really just depends on what you're going for though. If I'm going for mass I take in around 3k cal too. However, you have to actually put in the right amount of work to actually see muscle mass gains. If you don't, well, you're going to just get fat. Especially if you're drinking a gallon of milk a day, which to be honest is a bit overkill. The reason I suggest 2 or 3 glasses is because you'll get around 30 grams just from that. If you're mixing it with whey you're adding another 22+ grams per drink. 

Your body also can only process so much protein within a given amount of time. If you don't space it out well your body isn't going to absorb the protein correctly.

You don't need whey protein, but it'll last awhile and will be overall cheaper than spending money on gallons of milk every day.

And don't expect to pack on mass too fast either. Gaining muscle mass can take quite awhile if you're doing it all natural. You'll see consistent strength gains though. As for supplements, if you aren't consistent with them, or decide they aren't worth the money anymore, you're going to notice a HUGE drop in performance.

I have plenty of friends who relied on supplements to get them through workouts. Even though they got stronger than me for a little while, I was always the more consistent one with my strength gains and maintaining my strength.

My advice: Go as natural as you can and you'll have strength that'll last a lifetime longer. Add power lifts to your routines if you want quicker jumps in strength.

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:12 pm

thx for the diet advice, but to be honnest, I eat like a monster, all good healthy and junk food, wich normally would fatten me up, but i still drop weight, in the last 2 months i lost 2kg again Neutral

Would it be possible that it's the THC levels my body gets to endure? wich is like 1.5grams/evening-night every day till the end of my excistence.rastaRIP
then only 4-5hours of sleep on avarage tired
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

https://onyx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Vill's Workout
M-Chest Tri Legs
Tu-Back Bi Abs
W-Shoulders Legs Abs
Th-Chest
Fr-Bi Tri Legs
S- Power Clean, Squats, Lunges
Su-Rest

Along with 20-30 Minute Cardio everyday. Since August Ive built strenght and Shed fat. All natural. Diet like a boss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 pm

@Jettson, I've recently started smoking on the weekends, but it hasn't really affected anything other than me getting me better sleep. The 4 to 5 hours of sleep though will definitely adversely affect your body.

@Villain, all natural...LIKE A BOSS!

What's funny is the guy I co-teach cross fit with is named Hoss and he's a all natural body builder...and he's BLACK.

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 pm

big black hoss?

smoking in the weekends sometimes isn't the same as dayly smoking the strongest form of weed (amnesia). but ye the sleeping is not good but it's the only way i get to play with "muricans
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:10 am

@screw a galon of milk a day is pretty much the same price as any whey protein imo. I suggested it to do it only for a month so you can gain weight you are missing, then you can cut it down to 3 - 5 glasses a day after it.

Also dont bother taking any of those NanoExplode garbage drinks, that is pure waste of money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:12 am

Lol cant edit: I suggest to do it only for a month*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Not bad.... I might do this in like huh.... 3 more years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Natural is the only way. Just dieting right.
People at my gym are on some roids. Im pretty sure you have heard of M-Drol, Trend, Deca, and D-Bol.
Not going to lie, i like my balls to function in 10 years lolol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:50 pm

@Trance, I'm talking standard whey protein. The Nanoexplode shit is something noobs get for working out, or bros. You can buy standard whey in bulk at some grocery stores for 30 bucks. GNC and other sport supplement stores hike up the price on average whey protein. I bought some 5 months ago and I still have about a third of it left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 am

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:17 am

Villain-X- wrote:@Jettson http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=4004

swear you'll gain size with this.

I knew about those shakes, but i'm just wondering what is wrong with me
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:54 am

Count your calories for a day of normal food consumption. Then add 300 calories to that from then on out. You'll gain weight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum