The OnyX Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes

Go down

SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes Empty SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:19 am

Okay who's interested in this.

http://www.socialnat.com/

Money prizes for 5v5s.

e.g. League
1st 1200€
2nd 400€
3rd 150€

It's all in Spanish (Chrome browser translate helps here) and it's a Spanish league so I thought it was just for Spanish teams. A Spanish friend invited me to play on his team right at the end of last season and they did okay (probably 3rd best but very joined late so only took 5th). Then there was a tournament which vVv and PnN joined and now they're in the league too. This a) shows non-spanish teams are allowed and b) escalates the level of play thus meaning my friend's team has no chance of winning anything.

Therefore I'm left with the choices of giving up OR trying to set up a new team to play in it. Well I'll try the latter first, so who here is interested?

League season 2 starts uhhh today, no ELO system and it's basically all matchmaking. Most teams in it are completely terrible but the 4 or so good teams are really tough.

Back to top Go down

SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes Empty Re: SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:26 am

What's the history of this site with payouts? All I can think of is the CTG hosted 5v5 and when they lost they ragequit it and said they wouldn't payout lol. Plus the countless other tournaments like this that didn't work out when it comes to money

Back to top Go down

SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes Empty Re: SocialNAT 5v5 League/Tournament w/prizes

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:39 am

It's going into it's second season and since PnN just won a tournament I kinda assume they'd be complaining like hell if it was all a lie.

There's no buy in or anything so I don't see how it can be a scam really. So yeah I cannot absolutely confirm that it's legit, but it would be a pretty pointless exercise in wasting EVERYBODY's time if it isn't.

I'll ask my Spanish friend a bit more about it, I guess being in a hurry kinda dissuaded my normal scepticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 am

I think we should play it anyways because it's giving us the chance to actually win something of value lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:53 am

Exactly, what else are you going to do on this game. Win the Phantom Virgin Media tournament?

Anyway depending on how many people are up for it maybe we should split into multiple teams? Having 5+ players means less downtime when you can't play but I think two teams of 6-7 is a much better prospect than 1 team of 12-14.

Like I said there's no ELO system so all wins are equivalent. Beat #1 team = +40 points, beat #2847 team = + 40 points. Kinda like a race for wins really, but racing for wins doesn't work so well if you'd reliably lose (and my friend's team would have). This also means it's a good idea to get signed up quickly and start playing matches as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:05 am

I'm totally down for this. I've been dying for something like this. Happy to put hours in sat on head glitch spots running strats for this lmao Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Sorry can't be bothered, good luck guys

on a side note 1200 euro seems like way too much for a no name 5v5 tournament

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Actually 2nd season starts on Friday. Last seasons prizes being sorted out on Thursday, so I guess that's the time to find out if it's legit or not

And yes 1200 euros is ridiculous for such a shit website. But stranger things have happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:34 am

By the way you've described it, it doesn't sound like a LAN tournament but are you sure the finals aren't? Who's in the finals this time around?

Plus Elitest - add me on Battlelog so I can admire your service stars by one click rather than searching for you. That and I can get a team together for this if you get 4 others that snap up the opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:50 am

It's not LAN at all. Online only.

Surely having to work to see my service stars makes you appreciate them more? Added anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 am

I'm down for whatever, wherever and whoever needs me, guess nobody but hey everything for iCon :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down