Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


Smurf Awareness Plan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 am

Rogey- wrote:iCons rep was second to none until various threads were made / commented on.

For example, I feel iCon's rep went downhill slightly with the Map times. However, we learned a lesson with that and I'm not going to sit here and point blame because I was all for it being on the forums. I was naive to think that the community would back that sort of thread.

However, slightly more on topic, nobody can hate a good montage.
it's all about point of view, they just had a different one

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:27 am

Fuck the community they don't do anything useful for us, so why should we care what they say or think? It isn't them who wins us the CB's. TAo never had a good rep yet it was always a top 2 clan on both BF3 and BC2.

The majority of the people on the forums are just trolls or complete retards who think their opinion is fact. I'm not wasting my time trying to make people that have no impact on us happy. I might sound like I'm a bit bitter but seriously, can anyone think of a time where having a fan base has helped us?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Lubu20 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:25 am

kjcenco wrote:Fuck the community they don't do anything useful for us, so why should we care what they say or think? It isn't them who wins us the CB's. TAo never had a good rep yet it was always a top 2 clan on both BF3 and BC2.

The majority of the people on the forums are just trolls or complete retards who think their opinion is fact. I'm not wasting my time trying to make people that have no impact on us happy. I might sound like I'm a bit bitter but seriously, can anyone think of a time where having a fan base has helped us?  
Good point, idk if it has helped the clan other than having 700 fans. The only thing some forumfielders knew is that you guys were from TAo and you left Smot and that gave us great rep.

Back to what ElitestGamer said: It's very hard to get the community to like us, but in my honest opinion it's somewhat easier for the community to acknowledge somebody and that can bring a good rep to the clan. Back then when I was in tCo, chopper 2v2s were my thing and I learned a lot from it (awareness, 12v12s as well). Not only that, the whole chopper community minus Mexi (kid is a douchebag for no reason and I honestly want to know why), mostly thought I was the best in 2v2s. I was very consistent with my wins and I was very consistent with dodging TVs to the point I made certain gunners lose skill (got that from 3 different gunners). I then posted all of my 2v2s win or lose so that people can learn from what I do, and even with that I still dunked on everyone in 2v2s. I had great sportsmanship when I played all of my opponents as well. 99% of chopper pilots and gunners acknowledged my skills and I helped train some of them and even to this day I still get respect from them. I've never had beef with any of them except Mexi. The only thing I didn't do with my videos is post them on Battlelog because I didn't want to show off much. I think some forumfielders liked what I did to okiie on Armored Shield but who knows?
avatar
Lubu20

Posts : 68
Join date : 2013-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:57 am

kjcenco wrote:Fuck the community they don't do anything useful for us, so why should we care what they say or think? It isn't them who wins us the CB's. TAo never had a good rep yet it was always a top 2 clan on both BF3 and BC2.

The majority of the people on the forums are just trolls or complete retards who think their opinion is fact. I'm not wasting my time trying to make people that have no impact on us happy. I might sound like I'm a bit bitter but seriously, can anyone think of a time where having a fan base has helped us?  

I disagree KJ. While TAo's success was evident, no one really gave them the respect they deserved because they treated everyone else like shit. (mainly someone we won't mention here) We're in no position to really have to be well fuck everyone else. Because while we have a good amount of haters, we really do have some fans whether they want to admit to it or not. Either way, you can just play it safe and just keep doing what we've been doing all along, or get the community involved one way more another. Any successful team whether it's on CoD, LoL, BF anything will try to get their name out there in some way or another. And at the end of the day, most competitive teams look forward to a payment for all their time they put into a game.

Not saying we're going to win a huge tournament or anything, but just the small things sometimes can get your name out and who knows what BF4 might bring for iCon, we might be so successful that you could look into getting a sponsorship. What it boils down to though, as a combined team we've put so many hours into this, any little compensation you could get would be worth it.


Edit: Before it leaves my mind I want to put this out there, think about all those silly Epsilon fanboy drones that cruised the forums when epsilon was trying to get hype for going over to PS3 and all shouted epsilon's gonna do blablabla to ps3 players blabla. It's that type of blind loyalty that can benefit you just as extra encouragement, those type of people definitely don't help us win clan battles, but it's one less moron to be annoyed by spamming some BS about some other team.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:13 am

imo if we had bad rep like TAo it could lead to teams being more likely to take a cheap win when we are late or so (if they have members that hate us). If we are friendly with everyone and especially other teams it will be easier to negotiate clan battle terms and so on. Of course if we have a good name for ourselves and we go into a big money tournament (like the one on BF3 LOL) it will be psychologically better if we are the favourite of the masses.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:40 am

Yeah Kj you of all people should be able to appreciate that being able to get matches easier would be awesome and teams will be much easier to work with if we are considered to be a cool bunch of guys and not more shit talkers or childish forumfielders.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 am

kjcenco wrote:Fuck the community they don't do anything useful for us, so why should we care what they say or think? It isn't them who wins us the CB's. TAo never had a good rep yet it was always a top 2 clan on both BF3 and BC2.

The majority of the people on the forums are just trolls or complete retards who think their opinion is fact. I'm not wasting my time trying to make people that have no impact on us happy. I might sound like I'm a bit bitter but seriously, can anyone think of a time where having a fan base has helped us?  

well...when i started building up pp for bf3 competitive with boy, our reputation has been horribel. BC2-Ataacama-Baserape bunch of people, there was fights with LoD and D3vZ, BDL hated us and ran his mouth towards others and as his opinion was quite valid back then, many many strong competitive players disliked us before even really knowing us. Just because what they heard about us. In the end, it had pretty big effects on my recruitment: Every 2nd player that i wanted didn`t like pp due to what ppl said about it. Theres many players i was not possible to recruit because we had a bad call. For example air guys: Our air was called to be weak, many air players denied my request to join pp as they don´t want to be part of a "bad air". On the other hand there was TAo/iCon, always dominated the air over bf3 and you`re guys reputation made it very very easy to get strong air players like gopro, psidmendou etc. cause their reputation also raises by joining a top air team.

The reason LoD had such a strong inf and vVv has such a strong inf lately is because their reputation is very good about inf. If your reputation is great, great players want to join. yes, there are some players joining independend of the reputation - yet most care about reputaition more than they would ever admit.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by DeterminedKnight on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 am

Rogey- wrote:However, slightly more on topic, nobody can hate a good montage.
Actually they will, last time I didn't really say anything about Mackie's post here when he shared his idea of making a "best times etc." thread on Battlelog but I knew this was going to end bad. No one cares if we can beat bad or average clans. Damn this was such tasty bait for smot...

Same thing if you promote your stuff on Battlelog forums, this will trigger another shitstorm, smot will surely join the party again... Do what you want but my advice for you, just don't, post it on your wall & iCon's wall... but not the forums..

Back when I joined iCon I thought the high level competition & community on this game would be A LOT different from the one I knew in COD4, WaW, MW2 & MGO but it's just the same to be honest, an endless cycle of hypocrisy & shit talk.

So just like in COD & MGO, I think the best way to maintain a top clan's reputation where it belongs, at the top, is simply to remain indifferent & rape everyone silently, if 1 iCon involves himself in forum drama, the whole clan's reputation suffers, best example is smot being able to get the hate of numerous iCon members on the forums... this certainly didn't do us good, nearly every other top clan silently watches us getting mad at one little man... not good... at all... and then Mackie's thread... that's gotta be the finishing blow dN (many), pp (Mexicanundrum: "who cares about bad teams, show us your scores against top clans"), vVv (OmgCow), LoD (TrpinDomination: "This thread is a faggot, no one cares")...

And I know for many of the former hardcore TAo members in iCon now, rectifying smot's bullshit on the forums is 'fun' and/or important, but it gets to a point where people just laugh at all this, one clan getting mad at one guy... about stuff that happened more than a year ago... in a video game..... :[


Last edited by DeterminedKnight on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
DeterminedKnight

Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FierceKnight0

Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:27 am

At the end of the day I'm going to act like i have always acted towards the community and that is to play it cool. I don't act like a prick towards them and iCon has maintained a good rep.

However the point i was making about the 'community' which is quite a broad spectrum of people was more about the general people from the forums, not people from other clans.

I don't go boasting or talking shit about other clans on public forums so it remains relatively easy for me to arrange battles as they now see me as a friend or someone they can trust.

However the point i was making was about the average nub on BL which has no impact on us at all, fan or not.

If people want to make montages and other BF videos then that is fine by me. Of course it would be nice for us to get sponsorship but it won't be these randoms who will gain it us, it will be our hard work to make sure we get the wins. Sponsors don't go after well liked losers.

As regards to recruitment, as our clan has kept its good rep there has always been a steady stream of people wanting to join us, i could have probably made another 2 top/decent teams from them. The example you have used smooth doesn't really equate to iCon's situation as we already had the solid foundations for a team, we didn't really have any major flaws. If reputation was everything TAo wouldn't have even been a clan in the first place.

I will still be cool towards other teams in BF4 and so will our team because we can get more cb's from it and yeah people may give us more leeway when we require it but I'm just pointing out that this shouldn't be our main focus. Getting the cb's setup, winning them and having fun is what matters at the end of the day.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 am

absolutely agree to what you say kj, just think that if we keep our reputation up as it is we will continue to have it easy recruiting everyone we want Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:02 am

Buggsy wrote:I disagree KJ. While TAo's success was evident, no one really gave them the respect they deserved because they treated everyone else like shit. (mainly someone we won't mention here) We're in no position to really have to be well fuck everyone else. Because while we have a good amount of haters, we really do have some fans whether they want to admit to it or not. Either way, you can just play it safe and just keep doing what we've been doing all along, or get the community involved one way more another. Any successful team whether it's on CoD, LoL, BF anything will try to get their name out there in some way or another. And at the end of the day, most competitive teams look forward to a payment for all their time they put into a game.

Not saying we're going to win a huge tournament or anything, but just the small things sometimes can get your name out and who knows what BF4 might bring for iCon, we might be so successful that you could look into getting a sponsorship. What it boils down to though, as a combined team we've put so many hours into this, any little compensation you could get would be worth it.


Edit: Before it leaves my mind I want to put this out there, think about all those silly Epsilon fanboy drones that cruised the forums when epsilon was trying to get hype for going over to PS3 and all shouted epsilon's gonna do blablabla to ps3 players blabla. It's that type of blind loyalty that can benefit you just as extra encouragement, those type of people definitely don't help us win clan battles, but it's one less moron to be annoyed by spamming some BS about some other team.

Couldn't agree with Buggsy more.

Smooth was right too.. 90% of sport is psychological. If you think you're better than you're opponent, you'll probably win.

Take me for the perfect example.. Why in a pub, can I stand up against ProNation players, but when I'm in a scrim I panic? Because I believe they're better infantry and therefore they win.

It's not about having the most fans to back you up or to go, yay iCon won. It's about EVERYBODY knowing the name iCon. You may hate Arsenal football club and the manager is a cunt but you still know the team. You also know Manchester United and Chelsea... It's not about being loved / hated, it's about being known. There's nothing better than have a firm sponsor behind a clan and I think if it's ever going to come to Battlefield it'll come on BF4.


@Knight - I plan on posting a link to montage on my wall / iCons walls AND the forums.. Not to start a flame war because it won't have any shit in it. It'll literally be a thread I make then walk away from. Providing nobody comments back to any trolls (which there will be) we can't look stupid. If you all think it's best if I don't post it on the forums then I won't but I don't see a problem in it, even if it does lure the trolls out of their caves.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:14 am

At this point I'm just going to give up on the forums entirely. Anything we do, regardless of intentions, will be twisted by people into something negative or just troll worthy so it's pointless. Just quietly getting on with playing the game seems the much more productive option.

If people make video's etc I'll post them on my feed and I'm sure they'll be on the iCon wall aswell but other than that I think it's tough to get an even reasonable response at this point.

When the new BF comes out I think the audience will be more balanced and the forum will be more receptive for that kind of thing. I myself put up vids as the dlc's came out to show some of the patch changes and got alot of positive feedback, especially from PC players who wanted to see how it effected a competent player when PC hadn't yet got the dlc. But for now, the only people left on the forums are clans and die hard forumfielders, neither of which are going to give a very good response to anything we might try.

I would suggest waiting until the ratio of trolls to legitimate users returns to a semi-normal state or you'll just hit a brick wall of frustration with little in the way of actual positive feedback.

EDIT: And Im also with KJ on this. Sure getting into peoples heads as being the best can help but its not that important. Look at SoN. We were all confident we would stomp them in the air. After we won metro we figured we had just sailed through to the final. We were on such a high that if psychological confidence brought wins we wouldn't have lost a ticket on caspian. Then we got beat down because the quality just wasn't there. If anything, our own over-confidence in our air map game blinded people to the fact we were struggling on those maps all season and therefore didn't look to improve. Minute we faced a good team it fell apart. We should be aiming to be more humble to prevent these kind of mistakes again, not looking to get randoms on forums to chant how great we are, no matter if it might fuck with our opponents.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by DeterminedKnight on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Rogey- wrote:
@Knight - I plan on posting a link to montage on my wall / iCons walls AND the forums.. Not to start a flame war because it won't have any shit in it. It'll literally be a thread I make then walk away from. Providing nobody comments back to any trolls (which there will be) we can't look stupid. If you all think it's best if I don't post it on the forums then I won't but I don't see a problem in it, even if it does lure the trolls out of their caves.
On the forums these days it's iCon this iCon that, iCon hates on smot round 2782, iCon hates on smot round 2783, iCon massacres weak teams, iCon posts montage, the retards on the forums won't let that pass..

I warned you, you'll see...
avatar
DeterminedKnight

Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FierceKnight0

Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I wouldn't bother to post it on the forums, everything we've posted on lately has just been smot bait. I suggest putting it on the iCon wall and we can put it on our individual wall.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I understand where you're coming from. I'll finish it off and we'll see Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum