The OnyX Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
iCon vs EVO EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
iCon vs EVO EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
iCon vs EVO EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
iCon vs EVO EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
iCon vs EVO EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
iCon vs EVO EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
iCon vs EVO EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
iCon vs EVO EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
iCon vs EVO EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

iCon vs EVO

Go down

iCon vs EVO Empty iCon vs EVO

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down

iCon vs EVO Empty Re: iCon vs EVO

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 am

Looks like Canals is still broken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 am

My thoughts.

Op Metro RU

M320 LVG from the lockers is a great way to clear out front wall, but it's also a great way to die if they're firing M320s in or they have guys rushing from B stairs. I think me and mini were both like 0-4 at one point, before we got a good M320 spree going and wiped out half their team. So I kinda think only one guy should be firing grenades at a time, whilst the other is covering him from rushers and spread both guys out as much as possible. Really if one guy dies it isn't a problem, the other can kill the attacker and revive him. The problem is both of us getting taken out at the same time and I think we just needed to coordinate better to avoid that.

I also think it might've been worthwhile dumping a medkit in the corridor between the lockers, that way if we lose 95% health to a nade we can heal up quicker. Means one guy spends one life without M320s, but I think it's an okay trade.

Also it seemed like someone managed to slip past to A without anybody noticing which really shouldn't have happened.

In any case we held the line well and earned a nice solid win.

Op Metro US

My squad just wasted EVO's time on A all game and we did a pretty good job of this, but they weren't really testing us much. I kinda think some people should've been quicker to switch over to scrubby shotguns, and maybe we could've had one guy burning B or sitting to spawn kill them at B (to annoy them more than anything else). I'd like to hear what how the main fight went because with what we were doing we didn't have a clear picture of how the rest of the battle was going.

You can't always rely on a guy getting past to A but we got one through and managed to leverage that into another solid win.

Canals RU

EVO seemed to have a strange strat where they ignored flags at the start in order to get a host of beacons set up round the back of the map. We weren't able to clear all them out and they were able to leverage those spawns to take and hold flags with surprising success.

I think we did an okay job on US side and it's the RU side we need to work on, though I'm not really sure what we need to do differently. Maybe infantry should've paired up more... or we should've pulled the vodnik back and used that to defend C (seems like that was getting used against us a lot, but we didn't really get a shot to use it against them). I think it's unlikely we'll come up against anyone else using this type of strat anytime soon, but still I think we need to work on canals.

Canals US

I think we did a solid job on US side. Well at least infantry did, it kinda seemed like air and armour were struggling a little more. I'd like to think what air and armour thought of this match, because for infantry squad it seemed like we were winning the battle but losing the war if you get what I mean.

Damavand

Okay I'm really surprised at this result, because as 6FU I remember DESTROYING EVO here. EVO looks like they've gotten a lot better but still this match was far too close for my liking. Really it seemed like everyone was struggling here, at least in the second round.

Infantry was getting wiped.
MBT was going down.
Air was stalled.

The infantry strat seems based on the assumption we'll get to rocks before they do. When it works it works really well (GnX), but when the other team gets there first our infantry gets wiped incredibly quickly. If they take the rocks then infantry needs to push to take them back, but avoid the side tunnels like the plague but still it'll probably take a couple of tries.

I like the idea of an infantry guy being tank gunner during the tank battle, as it gives infantry a fallback spawn if they get wiped however this was only mentioned to me last minute so at first I didn't have my tank stuff setup for being gunner (Proxy). I also think it's better to have the gunner with repair tool for emergency repairs than mines- emergency repairs might help you win the fight, mines allow you to stall their tank coming out next time after you've already won. I think the former is more helpful, and well if we win the tank fight there's a decent chance to find a mine kit on the floor anyway.

I think Parralax was using thermal basically all game, so mines were only useful for stalling and instead of destroying our mines his engineers were just picking them up so we were spending as just much time putting them down as they were picking them up (still worthwhile as it's infantry stalling a tank but it's less efficient than it could be). Maybe having a guy watching the mines would've been a good idea, as their engineers were very vulnerable just running into the open like that and if you kill them once or twice like that they're going to be much more cautious in future.

I also think we could've tried to take advantage of their ThermalOptics tank. Javelin in the tunnels is pointless and suicidal, but CITV+GuidedShell on a secondary tank driver can work depending on how both tanks are positioned. LP+GM on the ScoutHeli or Soflam+Jav are also pretty good for locking down their tank in base after we've successfully killed it the tunnels. It actually looks like their gunner had thermal too so attempting a quick switch for smoke wouldn't have worked for them and I don't think EVO knows that trick yet anyway (I'm pretty certain pp uses it though).

For the tank battles.
1) I actually think thermal is stronger than smoke on this map, at least when you're fighting in the tunnels (which should be 90% of the time in tough matches). Don't know what you're using, but worth mentioning anyway. Oh and if you run thermal then you need a gunner with smoke to switch with in emergencies.
2) Try to retreat only into areas that you know are clear. One time kj entered the tunnels from the right side then retreated down the left side and ended up reversing straight into a mine. Yeah it's only one death, but it's one we should've avoided.
3) I think you need to retreat faster if infantry gets wiped. Yes you lose ground but it's better than dying and losing even more ground.
4) There's a couple of spots I'd like to show you for tank battles around B. Maybe you already know about them or maybe they weren't really viable in this game but still they might help.

We were lucky to win that second round, but kept our heads and managed to bring it back from the worst case scenario so I think we really earned that win. Still I think tCo and maybe pp are stronger here than EVO was so maybe some thinking is needed. Well I think the main plan is fine, it's just we need faster contingency plans for when things go wrong.

Well that's a bit long winded, but well I would've been flipping tables if the first match I played was a loss against EVO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:09 am

"Also it seemed like someone managed to slip past to A without anybody noticing which really shouldn't have happened."

For this, the live stream saw it best. He went up back stairs and slipped past everyone, madmackie saw him and followed but once he reached him people were already spawned on him. He quickly got out gunned due to having a m240.

And I will tell you

"I think Parralax was using thermal basically all game, so mines were only useful for stalling and instead of destroying our mines his engineers were just picking them up so we were spending as just much time putting them down as they were picking them up (still worthwhile as it's infantry stalling a tank but it's less efficient than it could be). Maybe having a guy watching the mines would've been a good idea, as their engineers were very vulnerable just running into the open like that and if you kill them once or twice like that they're going to be much more cautious in future."

We drop our mines for the purpose of stalling. They're placed a couple of feet apart in a formation to keep the tank crew working on clearing them, slowing them down.
They're not kill-mines so to speak, but it still does happen from time to time.

-----

It's become evident that that our littlebirds need help with dodging missiles without losing a lot of altitude. So if anyone wants to practice sometime I can shoot missiles at you guys or whatever it takes.

Just invite me up and I'll be willing to help out Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:24 am

US side of Noshahr didnt record Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:49 am

On RU side Metro the guy got through back, ran through lockers and barely slipped past with a couple of rounds in him which means he mustnt have even got hit coming up the stairs. A little extra care would stop that. The extra TUGS helped alot so we were never blind and Screw's beacon was perfect for Elitest and Mini to spawn on.

Oh and the reason I was doing Bipod this game was because I made a deal with Mini to do it next time we played metro since he usually always does it. The important part is that I offered that deal, Mini didnt ask for it so don't doubt his willingness to help. He'll do whatever the team asks of him, I just felt like I'm not much of a squad leader if I push jobs onto other guys and never be willing to do them myself at least once.

Elitest, Im aware that spot isnt perfect as its usually me playing it but its too important to not use. Lvg's on that front wall are brutal. It was your first time in the position so a lack of perfect co ordination with your partner is ok. When me and Snack have done it in the past we did what you suggested, one waiting with AEK while the other tubes, then swapping. It shouldnt be an issue in the future.

For Noshahr RU, our anti air still isnt good enough. Relying on air squad alone isnt gonna cut it. We are already trying to defend C from infantry so we cant all be staring into the sky. Watch my footage and you'll see it time after time, me firing stingers but getting killed by the infantry. We need help from the other squads with stingers or javs, javs needing locks from the tanks. That or the other squads need to keep the infantry off C so we are safe to concentrate on air but its more realistic to simply get more guys aiming for the helis. It would only takes maybe 30secs of the other squads time to get them instant killed. On US side our air got hammered by Javs from the start, we need to have the same total air hate at the start.

Also for RU side, we got the 3 cap and were baseraping yet both their heli's managed to get off the carrier and come kill me. Thats not acceptable. I dont care if its tanks shells, jav squads or stingers, if we're baseraping the carrier, their air shouldn't be able to just cruise over you guys unmolested. One possible solution we considered would be the tank rep guys using stingers. Since they didnt really need the RPGs much against the LAV, the 2 extra stingers would go a long way to getting the air down and keeping it down. pp and I4L both did this and it certainly worked for them.

In general we are going to have to do some scout investigation. I honestly dont know how they were able to dodge my missiles while maintaining all their height. And once it got into that situation, there wasnt much I could do. If anyone knows a technique etc, please share.

As for damavand, we need to figure out how they pushed so fast on the RU side. Our infantry should have been there before them, not getting wiped from rocks because that let them push to A without even having the air.

On RU side I made the mistake of trying to push them. Saying that though, I still got a good missile on them yet still didnt get a hit which is a mystery to me. Hopefully we can figure it out.

Last edited by MadMackie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by USA_Demolisher Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:27 am

about ru side of metro if you saw my point of view i killed a few people going into the lockers, but with the amount of smoke spam I can't get everyone. Sometimes I can't even see them. I'm not 100% on what mackies squad does but maybe one should move back to the middle entrance of lockers when they see a lot of people below bravo on the TUGS. It's a easy choke point to cover. Also the bipoder watching lockers should always be prepared for that to happen. I will possibly start putting claymores down at the exit since the bipod in lockers needs c4

USA_Demolisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 am

Mackie in that case where the scout heli killed you with the guided.....In pubs i used to see the distance between me and the other heli........depending on the distance it's where i active the ECM.....It works perfectly for me in pubs....But thats my play style idk yours......The only pro thing is to know if it's a Stinger or a Guide missile............Just saying Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down