The OnyX Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
Battlefield 4 reveal..... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Battlefield 4 reveal.....

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Battlefield 4 reveal..... Empty Battlefield 4 reveal.....

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 am

According to a few sites, DICE will reveal the game by months end. A few of them are reporting it could be as early as today. Keep an eye out, if i see anything else i'll edit and post links here. One is reporting a reveal video to go along with the announcement, which would be really nice.

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 4 reveal..... Empty Re: Battlefield 4 reveal.....

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiqxuNnWhE

Don't know if its real or not, have a look at it :-)

'official' link of the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/vMMSz/?original#4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 am

I read it could be the March Official Premium Video, and i just checked it isnt up yet so we'll see. Nice find Moeder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:31 pm

B A Y wrote:I read it could be the March Official Premium Video, and i just checked it isnt up yet so we'll see. Nice find Moeder

Another rumor i just picked up is, that BF4 beta will be released in Octobre...

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremeBlake Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Nice find Bay! Razz and Moe.
ExtremeBlake
ExtremeBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:34 am

Some new details leaking out before the premiere....

Frostbite 2.5 with Destruction 4.0, DX11 compatibility. Using 80% of the engines available power compared to only 30% on BF3. They are apparently sticking with 60 FPS and 720p, interesting. It would seem that it will be split generational, and the PS3 will get a version with 12v12, toned down graphics, less destruction etc etc while the PC and next gen platforms will have 64 players. So they are sticking with 32v32. All maps will have dynamic weather and light, so map conditions can change, and im assuming this will also be PS4/PC. Main setting appears to be China 2020. Some multiplayer map names- Xizhimen, Tiananmen, Diayou Island. Skill system is overhauled, air combat zone is bigger for maps, commander system is back, and micro-transactions will be part of the game. First DLC will be not long after release, 4 maps one of which will be another remake of Wake Island, another set on the Great Wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 am

I thought pronouncing Seine crossing was bad.. Good luck pronouncing these maps in bf4

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremeBlake Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm

B A Y wrote:Some new details leaking out before the premiere....

Frostbite 2.5 with Destruction 4.0, DX11 compatibility. Using 80% of the engines available power compared to only 30% on BF3. They are apparently sticking with 60 FPS and 720p, interesting. It would seem that it will be split generational, and the PS3 will get a version with 12v12, toned down graphics, less destruction etc etc while the PC and next gen platforms will have 64 players. So they are sticking with 32v32. All maps will have dynamic weather and light, so map conditions can change, and im assuming this will also be PS4/PC. Main setting appears to be China 2020. Some multiplayer map names- Xizhimen, Tiananmen, Diayou Island. Skill system is overhauled, air combat zone is bigger for maps, commander system is back, and micro-transactions will be part of the game. First DLC will be not long after release, 4 maps one of which will be another remake of Wake Island, another set on the Great Wall.

So...will PS3 be able to play w/ PS4? If the PS3 has "less destruction" does that mean they couldn't play with PS4?
ExtremeBlake
ExtremeBlake

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 pm

B A Y wrote:Some new details leaking out before the premiere....

Sorry Bay but http://battlefieldlog.com/2013/03/19/battlefield-4-info-leaks-deemed-fake/
Neutral
I wish what you said was true though.
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

https://www.youtube.com/user/FierceKnight0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Not such a bad thing, i honestly don't know if i want the game to be on both the PS3 and PS4. I think it would splinter the community and at worst i'd have to buy it twice if the release dates were staggered. I do hope they've got weather elements though. I guess we'll know more on the 26th.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:00 pm

You will not be able to play PS4 vs PS3 I'll bet my shit on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 am

rasomaso wrote:You will not be able to play PS4 vs PS3 I'll bet my shit on that.
PS4 vs PS3 would be great though. More players. The more the merrier Tbag
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:29 am

PS3 or 360 can't do any more than 24 players so it's unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 am

Raso is correct in his thinking, I dont believe it would even be possible. Although PSN runs natively on its own, and thusly owners of the VIta, PS3 and PS4 will be able see each other online....they run in different programming environments entirely for actual games. The PS3 would not know how to render the code it was receiving from a PS4 for BF4. And the obvious, as pointed out, why nerf the PS4 to play smaller versions of the same maps in a different programming architecture with LESS players.

I'll be a little pissed if its staggered release PS3 and PS4. I'd have to buy it twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:03 am

B A Y wrote:Raso is correct in his thinking, I dont believe it would even be possible. Although PSN runs natively on its own, and thusly owners of the VIta, PS3 and PS4 will be able see each other online....they run in different programming environments entirely for actual games. The PS3 would not know how to render the code it was receiving from a PS4 for BF4. And the obvious, as pointed out, why nerf the PS4 to play smaller versions of the same maps in a different programming architecture with LESS players.

I'll be a little pissed if its staggered release PS3 and PS4. I'd have to buy it twice.
Hmm personally I'll just wait for the PS4 release
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:27 pm

I post a link and 10 minutes later, Battlelog posts the gameplay reveal on the homepage..

Last edited by Knight on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:46 pm

You'll be able to play with PS3 players most likely. It's no different than playing with someone running a different setup on their pc. There are plenty of people with lower grade PCs that don't play 32v32 players and stick to 12v12. Some of those people in the 12v12s however DO have higher grade PCs as well and render things to the max. There's already been talk that Diablo 3 will also be cross-play between systems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 am

Judging by the fact you can preorder it for ps3 but not ps4, Im assuming its going to be a split release afterall. Explains how we are all going to get beta access too. We'll get ps3 beta acess.

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 am

MadMackie wrote:Judging by the fact you can preorder it for ps3 but not ps4, Im assuming its going to be a split release afterall. Explains how we are all going to get beta access too. We'll get ps3 beta acess.

Battlefield 4 reveal..... 26195448
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

https://onyx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 am

I think the game will end up being released as a launch for the PS4. They probably don't have an exact release date yet, but the system is pretty much finished. If it is a split release, it won't be too far apart. The PS4 is supposedly much easier to develop for and is closer to PC architecture. So, I expect that the PS3,360, and PC to come out around October to beat out the next COD and the PS4 launch to be around November. Both of which have a 2013 release scheduled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 am

Screwbacca wrote:I think the game will end up being released as a launch for the PS4. They probably don't have an exact release date yet, but the system is pretty much finished. If it is a split release, it won't be too far apart. The PS4 is supposedly much easier to develop for and is closer to PC architecture. So, I expect that the PS3,360, and PC to come out around October to beat out the next COD and the PS4 launch to be around November. Both of which have a 2013 release scheduled.

I'm leaning towards believing this is how it plays out. Although they said a beta in the Fall, so it would have to be a short beta I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 pm

so anyone wanna gameshare the beta with me?? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Most betas recently have been coming out literally a month before games launch. I believe the beta for BF3's multiplayer was released at the beginning of October and only lasted a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next