The OnyX Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
Recording suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
Recording suggestions. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
Recording suggestions. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
Recording suggestions. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
Recording suggestions. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
Recording suggestions. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
Recording suggestions. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
Recording suggestions. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
Recording suggestions. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Recording suggestions.

Go down

Recording suggestions. Empty Recording suggestions.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am

So it turns out ive been coming in way under budget recently so Ive got some money to spare so I decided I could get set up to record.

I figured since so many of you guys record you could make sure i get the right stuff without wasting too much money.

Dont need anything fancy, just the basic stuff to record matches and post em up.

Back to top Go down

Recording suggestions. Empty Re: Recording suggestions.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:49 am

- Hauppauge HD PVR
- Sony PS3 component cable (or a different high quality cable - the quality of the cable directly affects the picture quality)
- PC cappable of playing HD videos
- TV that has component input, but I guess you already have that

- I would recommend to get an external HDD for extra space for videos and but it's not necessary. Here is a list of what is good regarding the HDD:
>if your PC supports it, get a one that has USB 3.0 or firewire, then you won't belimited by the bandwidth of USB 2.0, but you'll be limited by how fast the HDD is so watch out for that
>SSD drives are the fastest (no actual disc rotating inside) but are very pricey
>I've been recommended to use external HDD to store files that I edit, so it (when editing) doesn't load the files from the same HDD the program is running from, but I haven't been able to tell any difference in performance

PS: the program which you use to record with the HD PVR is included with the PVR when you buy it (Total Media Extreme)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am

rasomaso wrote:- Hauppauge HD PVR
- PC cappable of playing HD videos

- I would recommend to get an external HDD for extra space for videos and but it's not necessary. Here is a list of what is good regarding the HDD:
>if your PC supports it, get a one that has USB 3.0 or firewire, then you won't belimited by the bandwidth of USB 2.0, but you'll be limited by how fast the HDD is so watch out for that
>SSD drives are the fastest (no actual disc rotating inside) but are very pricey

Yeah im not too sure about how these laptops will perform Al. Mine goes all spazy if I play SC2 for too long, says the cooling system isnt working properly and says i need to take it in for maintenance, i then X that box and continue but i can tell the fan is going apeshit. Youll probably be able to do the editing and such but it could be painful at times.

Yes, definitely get external mem, or the laptop will crash ad burn once it starts filling up. YES definitely try and get SSD (Solid State Drive) they tend to be faster and wont heat up as much due to no moving parts. And yes i believe these laptos have 1 USB 3.0 connection on the right hand side, check for yourself and see what you think.

To everyone else, yes we have the same laptop Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 am

Yeah i figured these laptops might get a little strained but really I dont plan on doing any fancy editing or montages any time soon, just straight upload of the match footage so it could probably handle that right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 am

well if you can play a 720p video in media player or something then it should be fine... I remember my old PC that I used to record with all the time and that could play 720p gameplay vids but there would always be some lag (ie the audio was fine at 100% speed, but video had slower framerate, so I had to resync it by putting the slider on a certain part of the vid - and that's only watching the vid, I couldn't preview it when editing at all LOL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:42 am

I have this http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-C281-Game-Capture-Record/dp/B005YR0M0W standalone only thing you need is hdd/stick for recording ofc u need pc/laptop for edit n upload but u dont need any wires going to pc or laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:54 am

yeah im sure itll be fine provided your slappin an intro on or something, itll just take forever to render: remember our one at home wasnt exactly super fast at doing it and its MUCH more powerful than these.
Why dont you look into a Black Magic (i think thats what its called) it the one Hutch recommended and another guy im subbed to recommends and he makes pretty good quality vids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 am

Raso said pretty much what i would say..
But if you or anybody else is up to edit their gameplay i got a free version of Sony Vegas Pro and it takes less then 10 minutes to install everything!

How to get Sony Vegas for free :

Need an intro? You got a couple free ones, and you got a couple that costs between $1 & $8...
http://www.flixpress.com/Support/tabid/69/ctl/Edit/mid/481/Default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:34 am

I'm going to be in the same boat in a month or two. I plan on buying something to record CB's but I also hope to be able to make a couple of smaller montages. Nax do you have any examples of videos you've recorded with that, that I could see?

Everyone says buy a PVR but I only plan to record CB's and do a couple of montages. I definitely don't have a high performance computer by any means, but my computer is literally about 8 feet from my tv and 5 feet from my PS3. So consider that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Ok, back on this subject cos after the 6FU game went so well I really want to be able to record all our upcoming shit. That and itll be easy for me to provide video proof on FN if disputes happen.

So id like to get something that can work with HDMI cos I dont want to have to take the quality hit of going back to component. What are my options in that area?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

i wanna upload the match but my aim is so shhit and i know you guys are gunna be like

"why is this noob on the team?" lol

gotta remember, i was diagnosed with alcohol poisoning 11 hours before the match.
and my controller's joysticks are fucked up.

but im gunna upload it now. i only have Bazaar. (No audio)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm

MadMackie wrote:Ok, back on this subject cos after the 6FU game went so well I really want to be able to record all our upcoming shit. That and itll be easy for me to provide video proof on FN if disputes happen.

So id like to get something that can work with HDMI cos I dont want to have to take the quality hit of going back to component. What are my options in that area?
none

hahahahahahaa
Villain-X- wrote:i wanna upload the match but my aim is so shhit and i know you guys are gunna be like

"why is this noob on the team?" lol

gotta remember, i was diagnosed with alcohol poisoning 11 hours before the match.
and my controller's joysticks are fucked up.

but im gunna upload it now. i only have Bazaar. (No audio)
drunk noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 am

Fuck me sideways. Cant use HDMI cos Sony doesnt allow you to for some reason. Wtf is that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 am

I have the gaming 2 and it outputs on hdmi, look at my quality on hd. Is baws!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 am

but do you have it HDMI on input as well? the problem here should be that PS3 does not output into HDMI recording device... ofc you can go PS3>component cable>device>HDMI cable>TV HDMI input

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 am

You can record from HDMI from what I've heard, there is a beta decoder from hauppauge but I think its just as good quality on component, it's still outputting as HDMI on my tv...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 pm

New Update to this thread:

So ive got the PVR up and running and Ive started putting up my first few test uploads. Render time takes a little while on the laptop but not long and it turns out I have pretty damn beast upload, at least at night. I put a 13min match up in about a minute of upload time.

So how does this look to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJg3s45eEM&feature=youtu.be

The most important thing I need to ask here also is to the guys who have experience, how do I get youtube to allow me to upload things longer than 15mins because at the minute I cant.

On a side note, being able to watch my stuff back is tearing the perfectionist in me apart. Every dodgy bit of aim or bad nade bugs me and its probably gonna get worse when its match footage and Im showing it to everyone xD I havent decided yet if it will make me a better player or just more paranoid one Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 am

well it looks good mackie, are you using component cables? maybe you wanna raise the bitrate a little bit? what's your set to now? (it's all fine but there is a little pixelation, so I would go for max, but it does not really matter if you don't wanna raise it yourself or just wanna conserve space - I got a 1TB HDD just for that so... Smile)

oh I think you'll get the option to upload longer files as you upload more videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:35 am

Yep component. Youre right its still a little pixely even in 720p. My current bitrate is 4.0MB so maybe bump it up a couple? I can experiment with it for a while. I should have the memory space for it just fine. My laptop has a shit tonne more memory than I thought it did.

Ill keep uploading stuff to see if i can improve it and also get my limit increased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:43 am

put it on 8, I have it on max but 8 is good

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 am

nice gameplay btw, i subbed rasta
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

https://onyx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:00 am

my setup :

1920 x 1080 @ 30 frames per second
Quality Bitrate : 13.5mbps with a constant bitrate...

Small example video :
https://youtu.be/CwePTpgKZWs?hd=1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok so I tried recording on 8MB bit rate but the results werent great. I got a big drop in frames in the video. This wasnt due to my laptop just not playing it correctly, in the actual properties of the vid it has a frame rate of 25 fps while the one i posted above is running at 60 fps.

So by increasing the bit rate of the recording ive actually decreased the bit rate of the final product significantly. Im guessing this is just due to my laptop not being up to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:43 pm

MadMackie wrote:Ok so I tried recording on 8MB bit rate but the results werent great. I got a big drop in frames in the video. This wasnt due to my laptop just not playing it correctly, in the actual properties of the vid it has a frame rate of 25 fps while the one i posted above is running at 60 fps.

So by increasing the bit rate of the recording ive actually decreased the bit rate of the final product significantly. Im guessing this is just due to my laptop not being up to it.

I guess your graphic card or video card isn't that good, sometimes i have the same problem, but then when i close alot of vids and i just check the video on youtube and everything is closed then it looks fine...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down