The OnyX Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» S rank Hunting!
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 pm by JettsonBE

» iCon's new forum
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sign-up for...
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm by Guest

» Bumbling idiots.
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am by Guest

» iCon vs dN 15/12/2012
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am by Guest

» iCon Prevails!
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am by Guest

» At this stage...
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm by Guest

» Official Battlelog banter post
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am by Guest

» Let's all meet up!
Smurf Awareness Plan EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Smurf Awareness Plan

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Smurf Awareness Plan Empty Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Been trying to find ways to phrase this for about a week now..

I am currently in the process of making a Goodbye BF3 Montage which in effect will be a Hello BF4 Montage. As those of you know who have seen my current videos my YT account is Rogey Battlefield. Now, for BF4 I won't be using that account.

I don't plan to be called "Rogey-" on PSN unless I can "Rogey".. Anyway, I'm going to make a YT account with a new Email address synced to YT / PSN (PS4) and Battlelog..

Basically, the video is going to be of kill feeds, tank shells, funny stuff and other bits I can get.. However, I am thinking of starting a commentary over the top at the beginning saying a few things about the game, depending on if I like my voice that day, and basically explaining what sort of YT videos I plan to punch out to the BF4 community.

Being a YouTuber, like Mike, is something I have ALWAYS wanted to do, but never had the time/effort to do it, so my plan is to get it kicked off for BF4.

How does this affect you guys.. Well, because I almost want to suggest a similar thing from yourself - now I don't mean make new YouTube accounts - but just generally be more influential to the community.
Let's face it, the community for BF3 has not been given the marketing it deserves. There has not been enough YouTubers and there has not been enough players going, holy shit, that game actually looks better than the one I'm playing. I'm not trying to say to everybody who has a HD PVR they need to make montages and stuff..but anybody who's recording clan battles and those sorts of things, to try and become public so that we can attract people to the game and bring attention to iCon.
Again, don't get me wrong, let's not give out strats, but to livestream games more often and generally put videos out such as the "dN vs iCon" game where those guys did commentary.

OK it was a little bit lame but it was pretty awesome - it made me become more active and actually gave me the flare to become a much better infantry player.

Like I say, it's not for everybody, but it would be cool if iCon had a few (as many as possible) YouTubers, to make iCon Videos and generally publicize the clan.

Let's face it. Name a competitive clan with more fans. Admittedly there's probably about 100 people in that list because they hate Smot, but yeah, people LIKE iCon, people WANT iCon, give it to them and I believe you'll open a wider more interesting community.

Don't usually like posting stuff cos it leaves me open to huge scrutiny but yeah...if anybody is interested in this sort of thing, would be pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Smurf Awareness Plan Empty Re: Smurf Awareness Plan

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm

I never had an issue with videos, I tried to get neb awhile back to make his jihad montage or at least make a few clips with music over it. Shit like that gets a lot of views from average battlefielders but nebs just a lazy noob.

Knights stuff got views, and so did snacks. Knights front stair wipe was baws. Just shit like that, CB footage > pub footage. But it's hard to get good CB footage lol. Do whatever you want though, youtube can be a good income if you ever get past like 50,000 active people watching your videos. But that's a hell of a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to overtake the world.. but if we want the cash tournies we gotta make them want us.. Unfortunately it appears DICE have no interested in competitive gamers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Honestly between my time in FN and also battlelog, it's a hard sell telling me that I would enjoy getting more involved in this community. I'm one of the people who fully put work into it and mostly just got ungratefulness back out. Even a small thread looking for community interaction turns into a swirling vortex of retard.

I might however be willing to make some vids to get some interest going if I could get some guidance on editing programs and techniques etc. Youtube is where I get some honest positivity so it might be worth pursuing. I've been collecting some clips encase Raso was making another iCon montage but if not, I could scrap them together myself to some music I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

MadMackie wrote:Honestly between my time in FN and also battlelog, it's a hard sell telling me that I would enjoy getting more involved in this community. I'm one of the people who fully put work into it and mostly just got ungratefulness back out. Even a small thread looking for community interaction turns into a swirling vortex of retard.

I might however be willing to make some vids to get some interest going if I could get some guidance on editing programs and techniques etc. Youtube is where I get some honest positivity so it might be worth pursuing. I've been collecting some clips encase Raso was making another iCon montage but if not, I could scrap them together myself to some music I guess.

I can understand that lol. As an admin with such a retarded community is always gonna hurt.

Would be good to do something similar to what Smot did with the TAo vs LoD game, mainly in the sense that it was different view points Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah but people will just think you're trying to slander the other team at this point, taking clips from a game is different though if you're trying to make a montage. But a whole game is kind of taken more as an insult. The TAo vs LoD thing was purely smot insulting LoD lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:54 pm

if you need more footage to edit, ask me i'm recording a ton of gameplay
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

https://onyx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

JettsonBE wrote:if you need more footage to edit, ask me i'm recording a ton of gameplay
PC don't count jettson, unless iCon is active on PC clanbattles? O.o

Mackie sure send me the clips, as a matter of fact I have one montage in works but it's going shit lol, gimme teh clips and I shall see. Are they cb clips?

Back to top Go down

Post by JettsonBE Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 pm

rasomaso wrote:
JettsonBE wrote:if you need more footage to edit, ask me i'm recording a ton of gameplay
PC don't count jettson, unless iCon is active on PC clanbattles? O.o

Mackie sure send me the clips, as a matter of fact I have one montage in works but it's going shit lol, gimme teh clips and I shall see. Are they cb clips?

you won't even notice probably
JettsonBE
JettsonBE

https://onyx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Our clan presentation on Battlelog is really incomplete, I always thought that. Since the day i joined.

Among other things i'd change in our presentation, we should have a list of the members' Youtube channels on our Battlelog clan page. Youtube is the pro gamers' Facebook and therefore, all the casuals & randoms will run to our Battlefield vids.

And actually a few days ago i noticed dN, pp & vVv do that too, we should really do the same.
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

https://www.youtube.com/user/FierceKnight0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:04 am

DeterminedKnight wrote:Our clan presentation on Battlelog is really incomplete, I always thought that. Since the day i joined.

Among other things i'd change in our presentation, we should have a list of the members' Youtube channels on our Battlelog clan page. Youtube is the pro gamers' Facebook and therefore, all the casuals & randoms will run to our Battlefield vids.

And actually a few days ago i noticed dN, pp & vVv do that too, we should really do the same.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too..

Providing people were using their YT account in a smart way it could work. Plus, we wouldn't have to punch out videos individually all the time because let's say for example, I don't put one up for a fortnight, but Raso does. I could say check out Raso's video and vice versa.

My montage is going OK, but first montages are usually shit so I'm taking it kinda slow to make sure it all looks good. So far got 4minutes ... looking to make it about 10 - 15 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:20 am

rasomaso wrote:Mackie sure send me the clips, as a matter of fact I have one montage in works but it's going shit lol, gimme teh clips and I shall see. Are they cb clips?

No, mostly TOW missiles I've been hitting recently. I could look through some of my recent clan matches for any tank shells or stuff like that that might be worth using if you like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 am

MadMackie wrote:
rasomaso wrote:Mackie sure send me the clips, as a matter of fact I have one montage in works but it's going shit lol, gimme teh clips and I shall see. Are they cb clips?

No, mostly TOW missiles I've been hitting recently. I could look through some of my recent clan matches for any tank shells or stuff like that that might be worth using if you like.
that would be great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 am

rasomaso wrote:
MadMackie wrote:

that would be great

Alright, will do. Do you want the TOW's etc aswell or competitive stuff only?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am

Buggsy wrote:I never had an issue with videos, I tried to get neb awhile back to make his jihad montage or at least make a few clips with music over it. Shit like that gets a lot of views from average battlefielders but nebs just a lazy noob.

Knights stuff got views, and so did snacks. Knights front stair wipe was baws. Just shit like that, CB footage > pub footage. But it's hard to get good CB footage lol. Do whatever you want though, youtube can be a good income if you ever get past like 50,000 active people watching your videos. But that's a hell of a lot.

I don't think any of my game play is that good though D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 am

xNebulous wrote:
Buggsy wrote:I never had an issue with videos, I tried to get neb awhile back to make his jihad montage or at least make a few clips with music over it. Shit like that gets a lot of views from average battlefielders but nebs just a lazy noob.

I don't think any of my game play is that good though D:

You'd be surprised how many smurfs love it though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 am

What you need is recordings from ElitestGamer. Who unfortunately doesn't have the hardware.

Anyway battlelog is a toxic forum, but it's also the one which has the most interest in us. In general I think getting the community on your side is really advantageous for clans, but it's kinda hard to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:41 pm

the bf3 community being in iCons favour kinda impressed me back when i was in pp... i did a lot for pp`s reputation but iCon was like untouchable on the forums^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:24 pm

smoothyaady90 wrote:the bf3 community being in iCons favour kinda impressed me back when i was in pp... i did a lot for pp`s reputation but iCon was like untouchable on the forums^^

We just need to be careful for it to stay that way. We seem to be getting in more and more pointless arguments and it won't be long before we end up looking as bad as everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Forums and comment sections are toxic in general. They do serve as a great way for me to get my poop/insomnia entertainment though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 pm

I dont know about you, but i die inside each time i read something on the forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lubu20 Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:27 pm

ElitestGamer wrote:What you need is recordings from ElitestGamer. Who unfortunately doesn't have the hardware.

Anyway battlelog is a toxic forum, but it's also the one which has the most interest in us. In general I think getting the community on your side is really advantageous for clans, but it's kinda hard to do.
I think I try my hardest to do that.
Lubu20
Lubu20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 pm

After some thought I've come to the conclusion that success on battlelog comes down to not taking things too seriously.

I don't think forumfielders really care about who the best team is, but they'll support you if you're fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeterminedKnight Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 am

iHeartTrance wrote:I dont know about you, but i die inside each time i read something on the forums.
Exactly, cancer is what i call these forums.
DeterminedKnight
DeterminedKnight

https://www.youtube.com/user/FierceKnight0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 am

iCons rep was second to none until various threads were made / commented on.

For example, I feel iCon's rep went downhill slightly with the Map times. However, we learned a lesson with that and I'm not going to sit here and point blame because I was all for it being on the forums. I was naive to think that the community would back that sort of thread.

However, slightly more on topic, nobody can hate a good montage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum